Alcoholism is an epidemic in society today, and is a problem facing many in Cabot, AR. Alcohol is in fact a drug, the most commonly used and widely abused in the world. Alcohol addiction causes many problems, and people that abuse alcohol are more likely to become violent, struggle with their career and have problems in their relationships. Alcoholism can literally destroy your life.
Consuming alcohol is a common and acceptable practice in Cabot. The problem with alcohol addiction and alcoholism begins when consumption crosses the line from moderate drinking, to having to consume alcohol to avoid feeling bad or to feel comfortable in social situations. Alcohol addiction and alcoholism may be triggered by an individual's environment, the people he's associating with, etc. Whatever the case may be, if alcohol is being used in excess and an individual doesn't have enough control to put down that drink despite the consequences, there is a problem.
For someone in Cabot, Arkansas who is involved in alcohol addiction or alcoholism, it is very easy to justify drinking habits and be in complete denial that there is a problem. But if a person is continuing to drink despite the health risks involved and the destruction that is being created in their life, it is time for them to seek help or for someone to intervene and help the person see that there is a problem. It may seem easier to pretend that nothing is wrong, but the longer a person continues his addictive behavior the worse off he will be in the long run.
Treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Cabot is available for individuals who know they have a problem and have the courage to face their issues with alcohol. There are a number of Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers in the area. At an Alcohol Rehabilitation Center individuals can be in an environment where they can address the psychological and emotional issues that may have caused their alcoholism.
Alcoholism has taken its toll when an individual drinks so heavily for a long duration, that when alcohol is taken away withdrawal sets in. Withdrawal symptoms can include shakiness or trembling, fatigue, irritability and loss of appetite for example. Alcohol withdrawal can be overcome by going through a supervised alcohol detoxification as part of treatment at an Alcohol Addiction Rehabilitation Facility in Cabot, AR.
There are a variety of options available for individuals looking for treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Cabot, Arkansas. There are Long-term Alcohol Addiction Rehab Facilities, Outpatient Alcohol Abuse Rehab Centers, Short-term Alcohol Abuse Rehabilitation Centers, Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Facilities, support group meetings, alcohol counseling, halfway houses and sober living.
Individuals battling alcohol addiction or alcoholism don't have to be ashamed or feel alone and hopeless. Recovering from alcohol addiction and alcoholism won't be easy, but admitting you have a problem and seeking treatment is the first step to getting the help that can get you through it. Put addiction behind you, so you can look forward to a bright and sober future. Contact a counselor and start treatment today.
Alcohol Treatment Facilities in and around Cabot, Arkansas
- RCA Cabot Cabot, AR, 72023
- Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare North Little Rock, AR, 72114
- Family Service Agency North Little Rock, AR, 72114
- Recovery Centers of Arkansas North Little Rock, AR, 72114
- Counseling Associates Inc Conway, AR, 72032
- BridgeWay North Little Rock, AR, 72113
- Mid Arkansas Substance Abuse Services Little Rock, AR, 72205
- RCA Williamsburg Little Rock, AR, 72205
- Recover at Baptist Health Little Rock, AR, 72205
- University of Arkansas for Little Rock, AR, 72205
- Contact Us
- The economic consequences of alcohol consumption can be severe to the alcoholic and their loved ones; when calculating the money spent on drinks and other health related expenses, an alcohol addiction can be quite costly.
- People under the age of 21 spend an estimated $5.5 billion annually on alcoholic beverages.
- A new report states that there is a strong relationship between alcohol use among youth and fighting, stealing, driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, skipping school, feeling depressed, and deliberately trying to hurt or kill themselves.
- In ancient Egypt, wine was only available to people who were extremely wealthy and beer was a staple of the poor.
- AA Meetings in Cabot, AR.
Church Of God Of Prophesy
609 3rd Street
Cabot, Arkansas 72023
Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Times
Tuesday, 8:00 PM
Friday, 8:00 PM
Saturday, 9:00 AM
- Cabot, AR. Al-Anon Support Group Meetings
United Methodist Church
Cabot Recovery Group AFG
Hwy 89 South
Al-Anon Meeting Times
Tue., 7:30 PM